Friday, May 30, 2008

Ode to Rock Band

Oh Rock Band, how I yearn to play you
Oasis, Metallica, even The Who
My fingers stroking your plastic keys
Fans singing along to my vocal tease

I get so much pleasure from rocking out
You give me something I've only dreamt about
A chance to be a star on the big stage
Playing my awesome songs that are all the rage

Let's go together on a World Tour
Let's play for charity and find a cure
Let's steal some roadies and drive a van
Let's play in Paris, Rome and Amsterdam

I know you are only a video game
And I'm 27 so playing you is kinda lame
But you are a temptaion that I cannot fight
So I'll pencil you in for Friday night

6 comments:

Sarah said...

you have made rhymes! i love it. and i feel the same way about rockband.

rock on, CHICA

Sarah said...

oops i meant MAD rhymes.

Allyson said...

Um, busy day at work?

Marina said...

I love it. Only 44 minutes to go.

Unknown said...

steve and john c. think that you are a genius for this poem. maybe they will name one of their band members after you

Nicole said...

I would be very flattered :).