Monday, July 21, 2008

Muir Woods

On Saturday Sean and I went to Muir Woods for the first time. I can't believe we have lived in San Francisco for 6 years and had never gone before. For shame! It was absolutely beautiful. There were huge redwood trees all over and the park and trails were extremely well maintained. It only cost $5 to get in (plus $3 for the shuttle that we took because we were afraid there wouldn't be any parking). We didn't have much time so we went on a short 2.5 mile hike, but there are tons of trails with a lot of different terrains. The best part is that it's shady and cool so for a fog child like me who doesn't fare well in heat it's a perfect hiking environment. You can even walk all the way to Stinson Beach, the problem with that is you have to walk back. Here's a pic of me hugging the largest redwood in Muir Woods that fell down 5 or 10 years ago.

So people don't get the wrong idea and think I'm too outdoorsy, this weekend I also watched 5 hours straight of So You Think You Can Dance with a friend. That show is awesome by the way. Even Mary's cackling is entertaining.

5 comments:

Allyson said...

Oh God, first you buy a prius and now you're hugging a tree. Literally. What's next, birkenstocks and hemp clothes? Perhaps a compost heap in your office?

Nicole said...

LOL. I took this picture especially for you. Actually we do have compost garbage cans at our office.

Sarah said...

I love So You Think You Can Dance.

Unknown said...

I am a die hard SYTYCD fan. Let me know if you want to come over and watch it in high def on the big screen. My favorites are Katee, Twitch, Joshua, Chelsea, and Mark. I loved Will's James Brown routine.
My favorite dances were No Air, Bleeding Love, everything that Katee and Joshua have been in, and Twitch and Comfort's hip hop routine.

Nicole said...

All of your favorites are my favorites! I really liked the suitcase dance...is that one of the ones you mentioned?