Thursday, July 17, 2008

Poddington McHybrid

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a month since I wrote a blog. Sorry to my loyal readers (who probably aren't too loyal anymore). About 2 1/2 weeks ago Sean and I finally got our brand new Prius! I had to wait 6 weeks and was paranoid the whole time that someone was trying to screw me, but my patience finally paid off and I got the exact color and package that I wanted. It had 6 miles when we bought the car and now it has almost 2,000. Yes, we have gone on a few big road trips in the past two weeks :). I won't bore you with the grueling details of how we finally managed to get the car, but I will say that the waiting list we were on never panned out and we got really lucky that another dealership had the exact car that we wanted. It took about 5 hours of negotiating, walking out of the dealership and then getting called at 10:30 pm to go back because they agreed with our price but had to get the sale in by midnight. Apparently buying a car the last day of the month is the way to go because you have more negotiating power because they want to meet their projections.

I've always thought the Prius looks like a futuristic pod (much like a spaceship or some sort of alien transportation device) so we have aptly named our car Poddington McHybrid. So far we've gotten an average of 45 mpg, which is good considering we are driving it like a normal car (versus accelerating slowly etc). I might start driving it more like the famous Prius driver to see if I can get 50 mpg. Watch out world, here I (slowly) come!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great. Sounds cool. Slowly cool, but cool. Nick

Allyson said...

Please, I beg you, do not become a stereotypical Prius driver...if you absolutely insist on driving 50 on the freeway, at least don't stay in the fast lane. And finally, try to refrain from putting any of the following bumper stickers on your car:
"Obama 08"
"Make Love not War"
"Coexist" (with all the religious symbols)
"Bush Lied"
"Somewhere in Texas a Village is missing their idiot"
"Greenpeace"

Okay, that's all I can think of. If you would like I can get you an NRA bumper sticker, which you may not agree with, but would confuse many people.

Nicole said...

I actually already have my bumper stickers. They are both Hawaii related so don't worry. Although I do like "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing their idiot." I think it's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I like how Allyson thinks. Regarding that bumper sticker, G. Bush's approval/trust-worthiness rating is @ 22%. Congress's rating is 12% -- which caused the Gallup organization to observe that they've never seen any group (even lawyers) receive such a low rating. Both the Pres & Congress are in politics, which means trying to make people like you....
...so, Bush's IQ relative to Congress' might be considered.....?

Unknown said...

my parents know how to turn off the beeping sound when you back up if you want. Love the name! Reminds me of mr. hunter b. whiskers

Anonymous said...

This is my first time on this page and it is hilarious. I am deeply honored that your car is a "Mc". Although, I might have thought is was Dr. Poddington at first glance.

Nicole said...

@ Annonymous (last): is that supposed to be a riddle for me to guess who you are? If so, I think I know!