Monday, May 12, 2008

The Love Connection

Remember that game show from the 80's that Chuck Woolery hosted called Love Connection? My Mom LOVED it and we used to watch it every week (along with The Wonder Years...whoah, that was a throw back). Anyway, last Thursday I had the pleasure of becoming Chuck Woolery for a night and testing my matchmaking skills. I went swing dancing at Le Colonial and after dancing with a few weirdos I finally got asked to dance by a normal guy who could lead someone who doesn't know what they are doing (me). I started talking to this guy (Mike) and he ended up being really cool. I told him I was married right away so I knew he wasn't hitting on me, but at many points during the night we would end up next to each other again and start talking. I decided that my purpose was to be his wing man and I would scout out cute girls for him to dance with. At one point I noticed a cute girl in a red dress and told him to ask her to dance. After the song, he came back and told me she was kinda weird, married and he couldn't tell if she was 25 or 45. We should have been tipped off when we scouted her out during the previous song and she was dancing in a circle with an old man and an old lady. She was either having a special family moment with her grandparents or she was interrupting a cute old couple's date night. Either way, probably a good tip off.

At this point I wasn't too confident in my wing man abilities. Then Mike asked me if I had any single friends I could set him up with. I said, yes I do, I have the perfect person for you. I got his business card, told my friend Rachel about him, he emailed her on Friday and they went on a date on Sunday. Rachel had a good time and said he was really interesting and had a lot of qualities she's looking for. Who knows what will happen, but at least Rachel got a few free drinks and a nice conversation out of it.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Feel free to share the love...

L said...

Seriously, what about me?

Nicole said...

Guys aren't interested when I say I have a single friend that lives 3hours away from San Francisco. I've tried many times.