Monday, March 10, 2008

Are you kidding me, part 3?

Last night Sean and I went to a great little restaurant in Russian Hill called Ristorante Milano. About a month ago we went to Swensen's for ice cream for the first time (if you can believe that) and that is when we realized how cute Russian Hill is. There are a ton of quaint restaurants and wine bars and we vowed to come back (and move there if we ever have enough money). So when our friends invited us to dinner at Ristorante Milano we jumped at the chance. Because this was our first time going out in Russian Hill and because we live in the super un-cool Inner Richmond, we didn't realize how ridiculous parking would be on a Sunday night. We drove around for 30 minutes looking for a spot. We saw about 10 people get spots but we apparently weren't in the right place at the right time. Anyway, we finally made it to the restaurant, had a lovely dinner, went to our friend's house to hang out on their roof deck and when we were making our way back to our car I saw the strangest thing. It was 11:30 pm on a Sunday night...in MARCH....and a lady was taking out her Christmas tree and putting it in the trash. WHAT, are you kidding me?? Has anyone ever seen that 80s movie Flight of the Navigator where the kid (is it Fred Savage?) goes to school and when he comes home all of the locks have been changed and he walks around the side of the house and peeks in the window and it's a totally different family living in his house? It turns out he was abducted by aliens and thrown into the future (bear with me, this is my muddled memory of a movie I saw 18 years ago). And he has that fuzzy creature that lives in his backpack. Well anyway, it was like that. I thought it was March 2008 but unbeknownst to me when I crossed the corner of Sacramento and Hyde I fell into a black hole of time and it spit me out into January 2020. Too bad I wasn't there long enough to see if I was unfortunate enough to still be living in the Inner Richmond. Very strange.

4 comments:

Allyson said...

I love that movie! Every time I make Rice-a-Roni I have to sing the song that the alien thing sigs (which is really just their little motto). Oh, and you are such a headline stealer!

Nicole said...

I was paying you homage for your headline. That's why it's part 3. I thought you'd appreciate it but I guess not.

Allyson said...

I do, it's funny. We should keep it going.

Anonymous said...

You live in the coolest city, outside of Gilleleje or Copenhagen, and eat at the coolest restaurant -- and you remember somebody putting out a tree?

It's simple, she's an accountant who realized that you gain greater economic utility and Christmas spirit if you leave the tree up for 84 days versus the conventional 19 days. Amortized on a daily basis, she gained 75% more value per day on her $145 investment. It all make sense to me.

...On the other hand, I guess I should mention that I didn't pass the CPA exam...