Thursday, March 27, 2008

Grapes and salami

In just two short days I will be relaxing at my favorite place in San Francisco, the Nob Hill Spa (Lahore Indian/Pakistani food on O'Farrell and Leavenworth is a close second). Every year since 2005 a group of us have had an annual spa day to relax and enjoy each other's company. Last year we flew down to L.A. and went to the Glen Ivy spa in Corona and it was like an adult Raging Waters on crack. There were about 300 people running around caked in mud (the mud bath was Glen Ivy's thing. It was basically an outdoor fountain and you just grabbed mud and rubbed it on yourself. A bit strange if you ask me.), the locker room was a mad house, the food was less than desirable, and there was about 5 inches of space between each person in the pool (not to mention random hairs floating around. Yuck.). Let's just say it was NOT relaxing. I will admit, that I might be just a tiny bit jaded by my personal spa service. I got a facial, which was great despite the freezing cold room. I also got a bikini wax. I won't bore you with the details, but feel free to use your imagination when I tell you that this was the first time this lady had ever given a bikini wax and she had never even been trained (I'm not making this up, she actually told me this).

So this year, I am looking forward to the Nob Hill Spa. If you have never been it is an absolute must. I'm going to get an 80 minute massage and I'm stoked. Our appointments aren't until 6:00 but we are going to spend time beforehand relaxing in the steam room/sauna/hot tub/pool and after our appointments we are going to have snack time by the fireplace. Sarah is bringing wine, Emily is bringing cheese and crackers, Regina is bringing something choclatey, Lauren planned the whole thing so she doesn't have to bring anything, and I'm bringing...grapes and salami. Does anyone else think grapes and salami is a bit random? I actually started cracking up when Emily sent the email listing out what we are bringing. I responded by saying that my items sound ridiculous and she laughed and agreed, but reminded me that that's what I volunteered to bring. Which is true. Weird things happen to me on spa day (see above paragraph), but I think it will really round out snack time quite well.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Um, I think next year I should be invited.

Anonymous said...

I enlarge the picture. I am concerned with the selection of salami with GARLIC...

Nicole said...

Haha! Nick, only you would notice that :)