Friday, March 7, 2008

Winter, go away

I don't know about anyone else, but I am SO sick of winter. It's my least favorite season and it always seems to drag on. The last two weeks in SF have been beautiful, which has started my end of winter itch. Of course, the clouds have rolled in for the weekend, but I took a walk every day this week at lunch to take advantage of the sun. At 2:00 am this Sunday Daylight Savings begins, which is awesome, and perhaps the one good thing President Bush did during his 8 year term (he extended Daylight Savings by a month a few years ago). Let's all take a moment to celebrate an extra hour of daylight (sorry Arizona and Hawaii, you're not included). I think I will celebrate by not being annoyed that it is already Sunday.

Happy birthday Marina, bringer of light!

8 comments:

Marina said...

YAY for my birthday being an hour longer!

Allyson said...

Wouldn't your birthday be an hour shorter? Spring forward, fall back...

Marina said...

Crap! I suck at math, obviously. How sad =/ I should get some kind of a tax deduction for the loss of birthday hour.

Allyson said...

By the way, I'm reading your blog archives. They are very entertaining! My bf will be applying to med schools in a few months so I'm sure my blog will sound a lot like yours!

Marina said...

Thanks! I was quite the blogging nerd back in the day and the blog was a hit for some reason :)

Allyson said...

Marina, the funny thing is that through all of these comments I didn't even make the connection that you have the same bday as my boyfriend! Weird...

Marina said...

He obviously has the best birthday, ever. Happy birthday to him! Hope you had fun celebrating!

Unknown said...

Here in San Diego Old Man Winter's wrath ended at the beginnning of January. Perpetual summer rules! Mmmmmm.....basal cell carcinoma.