Monday, March 17, 2008

How to make a duct tape top hat

I was online today checking out my new igoogle homepage (thanks for the tip Marina!), and at the bottom there is a window for some how-to tips of the day. Today the link was "how to make a duct tape top hat." I couldn't help but click the link because really, who wouldn't want a top hat made out of duct tape? There was a full on in your face website dedicated to this craft. There were detailed instructions, pictures and numbered steps. And, it was in all seriousness, there was absoluely no irony or second thought that perhaps this website was dedicated to something a bit strange. My favorite part was that there were links to other things to make out of duct tape. How to make a duct tape wallet, a duct tape fedora, a duct tape mini skirt etc. I actually think it was really awesome. I would like to make an entire duct tape outfit. Maybe next Halloween Sean and I can be duct tape versions of Fabio and his wench.

Here's a link for anyone who would like to increase their skills with duct tape: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Top-Hat

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I detect a note of dismissiveness regarding duct tape?

You do realize that men consider duct tape a sacred gift from the gods at 3M? Duct tape is what makes America great (along with Corvettes).

Without duct tape, the building you are sitting in right now would probably collapse. ...ask any engineer.

Anonymous said...

Where's the link to the duct tape top hat page? Are you not that advanced of a blogger yet?

I think the duct tape top hat would go really well with my sparkly blue hat. It needs a companion.

L said...

I think igoogle is really cool. I also like pink duck tape.

Marina said...

Thank god for igoogle!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Toby told me once that the makers of Duct Tape were sponsoring a $500 scholarship for high school students who made their prom tuxes out of duct tape. He said he so wished he'd heard of it when he was in high school cuz he totally would have done that. :)

Anonymous said...

That's funny - my old roomie Kim used to make wallets out of duct tape!