Thursday, March 13, 2008

I just puked a little in my mouth

Sean and I have had an ongoing joke for about 7 years now. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that Sean has had an ongoing joke and I've given him 7 years of disgusted looks, wondering how I married a man who has the sense of humor of a 12 year old. I'm not even sure how the joke started, I think it was a scene in a movie, but the image is a guy sitting around in his underwear with a bucket of KFC, wrapping french fries in fried chicken skin and dipping this greasy concoction into a bowl of baked beans. And then eating it. For some reason Sean finds this hilarious and every time we pass a KFC (for the past SEVEN YEARS) Sean references it somehow. Lucky me.

Last Sunday we met Sarah's boyfriend Rich for the first time and what does Sean start talking about to make his first impression? That's right, KFC fried chicken french fry baked bean goo. Gross. And embarrassing. Rich was a good sport though and they get on to the topic of the KFC mashed potato bowls (which Sean also thinks is hilarious, but I'm not sure KFC is trying to be funny). We were going to go after brunch and get the mashed potato bowls to try them out, but the thought of it made me puke a little bit in my mouth. Sean and I have decided that sometime in the next week we are going to try them and then if I can pull myself away from the toilet I will report back.

To be continued...

6 comments:

Allyson said...

I've tried them, they are pretty good. I was the one person who saw the commercials when they first came out and thought "MMM, that looks good." I remember people at work were saying they saw the commercial and thought it was disgusting. I mean, mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, and gravy all in a bowl? That's awesome.

Nicole said...

You and Sean are kindred spirits.

Unknown said...

I eat a Kentucy Fried Concoction called the "Twister". All it seems to twist is my small intestine.

Nicole said...

LOL. We can wait until next weekend to try the mashed potato bowl if you want to be part of the fun.

Anonymous said...

After living down wind from a KFC for 3 years, I can assure you NOTHING that comes out of that place is awesome.

Anonymous said...

KFC...the only thing missing is U.