Friday, March 14, 2008

Are you kidding me, part 5?

Last night Sean and I saw the movie 10,000 B.C. and the previews didn't lie, it was as stupid as it looked. In that sense it wasn't disappointing. There's nothing worse than seeing a movie that looks awesome in the previews and then lets you down. The one saving grace for 10,000 B.C. is beneath all the dirt and grime the main character is pretty hot. The most annoying part of the movie was the people sitting behind us. They were whispering almost the whole time, which I can deal with, but the obnoxious part was the guy was hacking away constantly. It's like, I don't want to sit in a movie that's ridiculous and then on top of it all listen to some guy trying to make music with his sticky mucous. It was disgusting and surprisingly loud. Take a throat lozenge or a sip of water or don't go to a movie. I personally think they should add the sound he was making to the "don't make your own soundtrack" preview along with the crying babies. And on a side note, every time I hear those babies I always think they are real and start looking around. I think it's because they only have them coming out of the back speakers. Stereo sound, it tricks me every time.

6 comments:

Allyson said...

Josh wanted to see that for his bday, so I had to comply. It was okay. It did bother me that they were building the pyramids in a movie caled 10000 bc when they were actually built around 2000 bc. I mean why couldn't they just name the movie 2000 bc?

Anonymous said...

I saw 10,000BC and it was horrible. The worst part was when the star caveman/wooly mammoth hunter was trapped with the tiger and said "Promise me if I set you free you won't eat me."

Seriously. bad.

Nicole said...

I tried to warn you. My favorite part was when the evil ostriches were attacking them in the jungle. I actually started laughing during that part because it was so ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Am I missing something - what happened to part 4 --- or part 1 and 2 --- I think this is too much technology for me.

Anonymous said...

Oh... and I also saw the movie and thought it sucked too.

Nicole said...

Are you kidding me is a shout out to Allyson's blog as she wrote the first Are you kidding me blog. So then we started going back and forth.